STARLET Sarah Lahbati is set to file grave coercion charges against GMA-7 executives for forcing her to sign a co-management deal with a talent management company through “threat and intimidation.”
Lahbati went to the office of Assistant City Prosecutor Ramoncito Ocampo on Monday to sign her seven-page complaint-affidavit against her handler Michael Uycoco and GMA-7 executives Annette Gozon-Abrogar and Arsenio Baltazar 3rd.
Lahbati’s counsel, Marie Glen Abraham, said they would also charge Abrogar with perjury before the Makati Prosecutor’s Office in connection with the libel case filed by the network executives against the actress.
In a text message, Abraham said Lahbati had to sign the complaint-affidavit as the actress is leaving the country soon. The cases would be filed next week.
“But she will go back on the first or second week of August to attend the hearings,” Abraham said.
In her affidavit, Lahbati claimed that she felt “threatened and intimidated” after her decision not to sign a co-management agreement with Icons Celebrity Marketing (Icons).
Lahbati said she suffered “payback” from the GMA-7 executives after she refused the co-management proposal adding that it was harder to work because of the “coldness” that she felt from Abrogar, Baltazar and Uycoco.
She said that Abrogar added fear and intimidation when she filed a libel case before a Makati City court against her.
Lahbati, who returned to the Philippines from Switzerland last week, told reporters that she came back to clear her name.
Also named respondents were Alberto Munoz, Shiela Buendia and Andrew Dee of Icons.
Lahbati had posted bail on the libel case filed against her while a separate breach of contract case was also filed by GMA-7 against her.
Abrogar welcomed Lahbati’s action.
“I haven’t received anything from her lawyers but if it’s true, then I welcome it since she’s now fighting in the proper venue. Now the public will know what the truth is,” Abrogar said.