Tutu inspired skirts have been making their way from the ballet studio into mainstream fashion lines lately. And while this has been a childhood dress-up staple for some time, SM Accessories Kids and SM Kids Fashion show how to transform this into a stylish piece for little girls without looking like a ballerina. After all, it takes tulle to tango.
• Make it edgy with a themed jacket. A leather jacket can help toughen up the look of a tulle skirt. This mix of feminine and edgy has been a very popular combination of late.
• Do it with denims. Denim tops work in the same way as theme jackets with a tutu skirt, in that they play down the ballerina vibe and care a more casual, wearable look.
• Feel cozy by layering with a sweater and button down shirt. Sweaters, cardigans, sweat shirts can give a tulle skirt that warm and wonderful look.
•Try something fun and feminine. Go boho with an off-shoulder blouse, or play it pretty with pastels.
• Go preppy with plaids. Plaid shirts are the unofficial uniform of fall, and they’re in almost every little girl’s wardrobe. Give hers a new look by teaming it with a tulle skirt.
• It’s tee time! For day, a plain t-shirt or tank top often works well with a tulle skirt as it gives a low-key, casual vibe and street style cred.