• Makati exec denies that pdaf was unremitted

    0

    CONTRARY to a newspaper report (not in The Manila Times), the city government of Makati has already returned to the Bureau of Treasury (BTr) the amount of P54.7 million representing the unutilized Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) coursed through the city on June 13, 2014.

    “As early as June 13 this year, we had already remitted the over P54 million unused PDAF to the national treasury in compliance with the Supreme Court decision. For good measure, we issued a press release last June 24 about the remittance, which was picked up by several newspapers,” City Administrator Eleno Mendoza said in a statement.

    Mendoza added that the BTr has issued Official Receipt 4704994 dated June 13, 2014 to the city government of Makati for its check remittance amounting to P54,758,593.76 in unused PDAF allocations.

    A Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI) report, citing a report of the Commission on Audit (COA), claimed that Makati has been named in a 918-page COA report as one of nine cities in Metro Manila that has not yet remitted unused congressional pork barrel.

    Mendoza described it as a recycled “erroneous story” even as he said this was not the first time that the Inquirer has printed the report on the allegedly unremitted PDAF.

    He cited a similar article published on August 11, 2014 written by Gil Cabacungan.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.