Marcos not eyeing DILG post

3

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said that former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is not interested to become the next secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Advertisements

“He’s not interested,” Duterte told reporters, dispelling rumors that he will invite Marcos to the Cabinet after the one-year ban on appointing losing candidates in the May 2016 election expires.

Marcos, a longtime ally of the president, ran for vice president last year but lost narrowly to former Camarines Sur representative Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo.

Marcos filed an electoral protest alleging massive fraud. CATHERINE S. VALENTE

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

3 Comments

  1. Why not just Give the Presidency to Bong Bong to pay his debt to them. Coz the marcoses finance his candidacy. Giving the Presidency to Bong Bong is just far and square.He is incompetent anyway.

    • Why not? His late father was far better than Duterte. Even Marcos worst enemies are now saying that killings were much less during Martial Law then Duterte’s less than one year of presidency.