Vice Presidential candidate Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Wednesday said his office has prepared at least 10 complaints of overseas Filipino workers who discovered possible irregularities during the Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV).
He added that he will file the complaints at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Commission on Elections (Comelec) and service provider Smartmatic so these agencies can start official investigation.
“We have completed the 10 complaints and we will bring them to the DFA, Smartmati and Comelec for them to formally investigate and find out what had happened,” the Ilocano lawmaker said in an interview.
Marcos last week exposed alleged discrepancies in votes cast in Hong Kong, Japan, Dubai and California wherein the voting receipts failed to register the actual candidates shaded by the voters.
The senator found out that it was only he and his cousin, senatorial candidate Rep. Martin Romualdez, who were losing votes.
Because of this, Marcos urged his supporters to be on guard of their votes on Election Day as he suspected that the overseas voting scandal, if true, is a precursor of the nationwide election fraud aimed at preventing him to win the polls.
“That’s why we are calling on everybody, not only my supporters, to be alert of suspicious cheating mechanisms, either with human or machine intervention, and report them to the concerned election officials and to us for immediate action,” he said.