Metro Manila cops disobeying Gen. Valmoria?

0

Illegal-gambling dens continued to persist and even flourished days after Metro Manila police chief Carmelo Valmoria directed his subordinates to close the lairs down.

Advertisements

Gen. Valmoria either did not actually give out the order or his men do not listen to him anymore, in which case, he is no longer an effective commander.

In a radio interview on Thursday last week, Valmoria said he will immediately order his district commanders to close down all illegal-gambling dens in the National Capital Region (NCR or Metro Manila)  and arrest their operators in line with Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Allan Purisima’s “one-strike policy” against illegal gambling.

Reports reaching this columnist, however, show that the number of gambling dens even more than doubled over the weekend after Valmoria supposedly gave the order to close them down two days before.

Bookis, loteng, sakla, video karera, cara y cruz, jueteng and jai-alai operate without let-up everyday and almost 24 hours in Manila, Quezon City, Pasay City, Pasig City and the cities composing Camanava (Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela).

Earlier reports said Gen. Valmoria is on the take from illegal-gambling operators. He denied the allegations in the same radio interview.

If he is not on the take, then Valmoria is an inefficient commander because his men do not follow his orders anymore. And that’s dangerous!!!

If this commander is having a hard time shutting down the illegal-gambling lairs, how do you expect him to address more complex crimes such as summary executions by motorcycle-riding killers and robbery-hold-ups in his area of responsibility?

Gen. Valmoria should not be allowed to remain as the commander of the PNP-NCR a day more. He should be fired.

Paging PNP chief Gen. Purisima!

Why fund disaster prevèntion and response with savings?

Weeks after the High Court declared the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) illegal, various government agencies are admitting that their projects have benefited from the controversial government initiative.

One of them is the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), whose Project Noah targets mitigation of disasters through information and preparation and response as well.

But why on earth did the Pnoy administration fund the project, so useful and efficient, with so-called government savings?

Project Noah’s more than a hundred employees not only complain of month- long delayed salaries but also express fear of massive retrenchment after DAP was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in July.

It was established in 2012 to warn the public, particularly those living in high-risk areas, of impending disaster due to bad weather.

Why did DOST officials exclude Project Noah from their budget proposals under the 2013 and 2014 General Appropriations Acts?

Projects like Noah are essential in a country where disasters and bad weather are part of the people’s lives, thus their funding should be regular and coming from a legal source.

Some moron seemed to have forgotten to see the great importance of Project Noah from Day 1 of its creation.

etulfo2011@yahoo.com

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.