• Middle East coronavirus death toll rises to 66: WHO

    0

    Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing this disease’s death toll to 66, WHO said Friday.

    WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update United Arab Emirates reported laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.

    The patient, a 75-year-old man with underlying medical conditions became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10.

    He is a national of Oman, said WHO.

    A previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country’s first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.

    Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to WHO.

    The man, 61 and with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalized on Nov. 7.

    WHO said he is in critical condition.

    Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock is kept.

    Globally from September 2012 to the present, WHO was informed of a total 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of MERS-CoV infection. PNA

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.