MMDA allows trucks temporary use of Roxas Boulevard starting Monday

0

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority on Friday announced it will allow trucks to traverse Roxas Blvd. starting Monday, February 2, 2015.

Advertisements

MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino signed a memorandum circular which paves the way for trucks to use Roxas Blvd. from 12 midnight to 5 a.m.

”This is just temporary, upon the request of Secretary Rene Almendras, head of the Cabinet Cluster on Port Congestion, because of the backlog in the operations of the truckers brought about by the holidays,” Tolentino said.

The new scheme will take effect for two weeks only, from February 2 to 15, 2015.

In December last year, MMDA implemented a new truck regulation along Roxas Blvd. in preparation for the Feast of the Black Nazarene and the Papal visit.

“I am optimistic that this will somehow contribute to the government’s efforts to decongest the ports,” Tolentino said.

“Thereafter, Roxas Boulevard will be prepared and rehabilitated by the DPWH in preparation for the APEC Summit slated this year,” Tolentino added.

Further, the MMDA Chief pointed out that the scheme will not be implemented on the mornings of February 7 and 14, 2015 as it can worsen the traffic situation during weekends. PNA

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.