ADDITIONAL traffic schemes will be implemented by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) to ease traffic woes, a Palace official said on Saturday.
Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said that starting on September 15, a truck ban will be imposed from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. every day except on Sundays and holidays. However, Valte said there will be no restrictions imposed on trucks going North.
Since last week, the MMDA has banned provincial buses from using Edsa in a bid to unclog the highway during rush hours.
President Aquino has named Cabinet Secretary Jose Rene Almendras as head of an inter-agency task force tasked to coordinate government action to solve the traffic problem in Metro Manila.