The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) said on Thursday that all four original bidders from last year’s failed bidding of the Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT-1) Cavite Extension Project reaffirmed their continuing interest in the project and joined the bid activities.
“These developments signify confidence in the improved terms of the project. We look forward to more groups joining the bid,” said DOTC Spokesperson Michael Arthur Sagcal.
The four potential bidders are—DMCI Holdings Inc., Light Rail Manila (LRM) Consortium, MTD Philippines Inc. and SMC Infra Resources Inc.
The DOTC is optimistic that the bidding for its biggest public-private partnership (PPP) project will receive the same resounding response as its tenders in 2013. The Transportation agency said that the Ayala group has rejoined Metro Pacific in the LRM Consortium. New players Globalvia Inversiones of Spain and Megawide Construction Corp. have also indicated interest in the tender.
No major issues have been raised by the bidders, although updates since the original bid failed last August were sought. Among the more contentious issues in the previous tender had to do with the progress of government’s right-of-way (ROW) acquisition for the project.