• Moreno is CDO mayor – DILG

    0

    The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) said it recognizes Cagayan de Oro Mayor Oscar Moreno as the city executive until the Office of the Ombudsman rules with the finality on the dismissal order it earlier issued against him and the city treasurer.

    Moreno was given a 60-day reprieve by the Court Appeals through a temporary restraining order (TRO) on the Ombudsman’s order dismissing him from office on November 13, ending a stand off at city hall last week.

    DILG Undersectary Austere Panadero said Moreno’s dismissal is “not yet final and executor” pending the final resolution of the motion for reconsideration the mayor has filed with the Office of the Ombudsman.

    Director Nilo Castanares of DILG Region X said in a press conference that Moreno can continue to perform his tasks as a mayor. He said he also give a copy of Usec Panadero’s letter to Vice Mayor Acenas to inform him of the DILG decision last Tuesday but the vice mayor refused to sign receipt of the letter.

    Both Acenas and Councilor Candy Darimbang, who was earlier installed by the DILG as acting vice mayor, argued that the TRO Moreno obtained late afternoon of Nov. 13 has become moot and academic as there is nothing to restrain anymore.

    The two also refused to acknowledge the latest DILG communiqué saying they were not informed nor party to the letter of Panadero addressed to Moreno.

    The DILG acknowledged that the TRO Moreno obtained from the 22nd division of the CA has “enjoined the Department, its officers and agents from enforcing, implementing and affecting the Decision dated 14 August 2015 of the Office of the Ombudsman.”

    Acenas did not respond to calls nor return text messages sent by The Manila Times.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.