THE Budget and Management (DBM) on Friday said that 90.2 percent of this year’s P2.606-trillion national budget had been released and that it still had enough funds to address disasters such as those caused by typhoons.
Data from the Status of Allotment Releases report show that P2.350 trillion had been given to agencies as of end-September. Of this, P1.527 trillion was for general appropriations and P824 billion covered automatic appropriations.
Under general appropriations, government departments got P1.286 trillion while P241 billion went to special purpose funds.
“While most of this year’s National Budget has already been released to agencies, we still have around 60 percent of Special Purpose Funds available,” Budget Secretary Florencio Abad said in a statement.
“For example, only 26.6 percent of the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Fund has been released to date,” he added.
“While it may seem like we’re lagging in this regard, the availability of these funds for release means we’re prepared to address the aftermath of calamities hitting the country like typhoon Lando,” Abad said.
The Budget department did not say how much of a dent typhoon “Lando” would have on the government’s finances.