Vice President Maria Leonor Robredo has vowed to put to task an erring contractor who apparently supplied sub-standard materials for the P50-million Naga Revetment Project that collapsed last week as a result of continuous rains.
Georgina Hernandez, spokesman for the Vice President, reacting to a report from Bicol Standard Today, which stated that NFH Construction provided G.I. pipes to the infrastructure project that were not up to required specifications.
The Manila Times also reported on Sunday the collapse of a portion of a concrete wall and sidewalk of the ongoing revetment project.
The wall collapsed at the bend in Barangay San Felipe in Naga City, Camarines Sur.
Construction of the Naga Revetment Project started and was completed during the term of Robredo as Camarines Sur lawmaker from 2013 to 2016.
The revetment is 5,670 meters long and runs along the villages of Dayangdang to Peñafrancia.
Citing reports from the local Department of Public Works and Highways, Hernandez said NFH Construction provided a temporary fence last November 5, and started repair of the revetment on Monday after it collapsed on November 4.
“This happened after the Vice President sought clarification from District Engineer Rebeca Roces on why the project was left that way. The Vice President assures her constituents from Naga that the she will be on top of this and that all those who will be found liable will be put to task,” Hernandez said.