• Napeñas hits Aquino over Mamasapano

    10

    UNISAN, Quezon: Getulio Napeñas, former director of the Philippine National Police-Special Action Force (PNP-SAF), said Friday that President Benigno Aquino III has no courage to take responsibility for the anti-terrorist police operation in Mamasapano that led to the deaths of 44 SAF members last year.

    Napeñas, one of the senatorial bets under the opposition United Nationalist Alliance, made the statement during a proclamation rally of local candidates in this province that was attended by UNA officials and members.

    “Even here, I have to tell the President himself dito sa harapan [here in front]: Wala kang bayag [You have no balls],” Napeñas said.

    He alleged that it was not he but Aquino who broke the chain of command.

    “I was charged with usurpation of authority,” Napeñas continued in Filipino. “How will I commit it when it was the President who made the orders? Right? How funny,”

    He added, “They alleged that I allowed myself to be induced by General Purisima to perform an illegal act. I don’t understand it. It was the President himself making the orders, how could I ever be induced by General Purisima when he was the one making the orders through General Purisima?”

    On Tuesday, the Ombudsman said it found sufficient grounds to file charges of graft and usurpation of authority before the graft court Sandiganbayan against Purisima, former PNP director, and Napeñas for their alleged participation in the planning of a counter-terrorist police operation in Mamasapano, despite Purisima being under preventive suspension.

    The respondents can still file motions for reconsideration on the Ombudsman’s ruling.

    “I leave it for you to judge and I hope those at the Ombudsman or at the Sandiganbayan are enlightened that I will see this fight through to the end,” Napeñas said in Filipino.

    The Ombudsman also found Purisima and Napeñas administratively liable for grave misconduct, gross neglect of duty, and conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service.

    But because Purisima was ordered dismissed from the service in June 2015 while Napeñas retired in July 2015, the penalty imposed was a fine equivalent to their one-year salary.

    They also face perpetual disqualification for reemployment in the government service, forfeiture of retirement benefits, and cancellation of civil-service eligibility.

    “Just a small amount, that is what hurts,” Napeñas said in Filipino. “That is why I said, I will fight for this until the end.”
    The charges are in connection with the police operation in Mamasapano, Maguindanao that ended in the deaths of over 60 people.

    Dubbed “Oplan Exodus,” the operation was aimed to capture international terrorist Zulkifli bin Hir, alias “Marwan,” and his protégé Abdulbasit Usman. Marwan was killed while Usman escaped.

    Forty-four PNP-SAF members, said to be part of the operation, were left dead in a cornfield after a firefight with members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) and private armed groups.

    Members of the MILF and civilians were also among the casualties. REINA TOLENTINO

     RT/BF

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    10 Comments

    1. bat presidente sisihin sa kapalpakan ng ground commander, sa porma nga ni napenas eh, parang walk in the park lang ung mission hindi naka battle gear

    2. Walang nagawang Mali si Napenas sa OPLAN Exodus at very clear yung statement Nya na Time On Target. Alam ni Pnoy yan TOT at nag briefing si Napenas sa kanya. Kahit Ang mga Special Units ng AFP ay gumagamit din ng TOT. Dahil Kung Hindi TOT laging palpak Ang lakad at Meron nagsasabi sa kalaban in advance na Meron Gagawin Military/PNP Operations at yung mga HVT ay sisibat na at papasok na sa loob ng Campo ng MILF. Kaya sina Napenas always ZERO pag early coordination pero pag TOT hit mo talaga target. Kung walang Stand Down order e sana Marami pang buhay sa SAF 44. Lalabas din Ang katotohanan pag si Duterte at Marcos na Ang uupo sa June 2016.

    3. gen napenas, sana sinabi mo lahat ang nangyari – during planning til execution, sa senate investigation to vindicate your self. but ang nangyar, pinaktakpan ninyo si abnoy kaya ikaw tuloy ang naging sacrificial lamb. siguro, you were promised or you were aiming for the chief pnp post kaya hindi mo iginiit si abnoy. dont, worry we will still vote for you huwg lang si binay.

    4. Napenas should understand that while the commander in chief give the order the implementation and operation rest to the field commanders in which he was one of them and made wrong decisions that costs 44 lives and embarassment.

      • Aquino was directing the operation at all times up to and including abandoning the SAF, If it were up to Napenas reinforcements would of been sent in.

        Aquino and Roxas are responsible.

    5. Aquino will never live down Mamasapano. Aquino showed what a yellow coward and unworthy leader he is.

    6. General Napenas, ano ka ba? Wala naman talagang bayag si Noynoy Aquino, mani meron kaya nga di ba? Bakla eh, kaya walang bayag! Maniiiiiiii lang! Thank you for what you have uttered to the public, yhey should know right from the start, na meron tayong presidenteng bakla, walang balls!
      Kris, totoo di ba? Alam mo naman eh!

    7. Sir Napenas tell everything at 2 mos na Lang baba na yan sa puesto. alam namin mga Pilipino Meron kang tinatago sa buong pangyayari sa OPLAN Exodus. Panahon na para sabihin sa buong Pilipino Ang katotohanan. Iboboto ka namin at alam namin wala kang kasalanan at sumunod ka lamang sa chain of command.

    8. Napenas is right, Aquino is responsible for everything that went wrong.

      Roxas is also responsible when he found out Aquino abandoned the SAF he should of done something but he just followed Aquino around like a puppy dog.

      Typical Philippines justice, a corrupt president, a corrupt career politician, a corrupt and suspended police chief, a corrupt Ombudsman all conspiring to place the blame on someone besides them.

      When Aquino and Purisima refused to cooperate in the investigation,refused to turn over their cell phones the cover up should of been plain for all to see. The people should of thrown these clowns out of office by whatever means necessary then and there.

    9. Juanito Bautista on

      Ultimately, Pnoy is accountable and responsible and he should be charged as well. Go Napenas, fight it out.! Ganyan ang mga Ilokano, may lakas loob at lumalaban katulad ni Diego Silang!