Napoles as state witness an insult to millions of farmers – KMP

0

MILITANT peasant group Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP) on Wednesday assailed as “highly unacceptable, shameless, and immoral” what it described as a “looming political compromise” by the Aquino administration with alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles.

Advertisements

KMP made the statement after Justice Secretary Leila De Lima on Tuesday said the government has now a strong case against senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada and Ramon “Bong” Revilla regarding the P10-billion pork barrel scam after Napoles told everything she knew about the corruption scandal, executed a sworn statement, and expressed her desire to become a state witness.

“In a vain attempt to pin down its political opponents, the Aquino administration has resorted to a highly unacceptable and immoral political compromise. This shameless political compromise exposes Aquino as the real handler of the Pork Barrel Queen,” Rafael Mariano, the group’s chairman, said.

Mariano also slammed the Justice Secretary for her statement that the government has in fact did not totally close doors on the possibility of making Napoles as a state witness.

“De Lima should not even think of making Napoles as a state witness. It is an insult to millions of farmers robbed by Napoles and her handlers in government with billions of public funds intended for agriculture,” Mariano said.

Mariano said the looming political compromise with Napoles clearly shows that “since Day One, Aquino is not really sincere in eradicating corruption.”
“In fact, Aquino is further strengthening the culture of impunity in corruption as exemplified in the preservation of the pork barrel system in the 2014 budget, his family’s non-compliance in the Supreme Court order to distribute Hacienda Luisita, despite the almost half-a-billion payment for the lands by the government, and in retaining under his administration public officials who are guilty of corruption,” Mariano said referring to agriculture secretary Proceso Alcala, budget secretary Florencio Abad, and agrarian reform secretary Virgilio Delos Reyes.

In October last year, the KMP charged President Benigno Aquino 3rd, Alcala, Abad, and Napoles on the plunder of pork barrel funds intended for agriculture. Last January, the peasant group again charged the President, Abad, Napoles, and Delos Reyes for plunder of the Malampaya funds. NEIL A. ALCOBER

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.