Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged mastermind of the multi-billion pork barrel scam is now in stable condition and is now back at her detention house in Fort Sto. Domingo in Sta. Rosa town, Laguna province, a senior police official said on Thursday.
Senior Supt. Reuben Theodore Sindac, PNP Public Information chief, said that Napoles was rushed by her police security escorts early Thursday dawn to the Southern Luzon Hospital after Mrs. Napoles complained of severe pain.
“She [Napoles] was brought to the hospital by her security escorts because of pain, nausea and continuous vomiting. The medical evacuation was cleared by her attending physician,” Sindac told reporters in a chance interview in Camp Crame.
The PNP official said, that based on initial findings, Napoles’s condition is attributed to stones in the urether.
“After tests and treatment, Napoles’ situation stabilized ad was released from the hospital and was immediately returned to her detention facility in Fort Sto. Domingo,” Sindac said.
The PNP official said that appropriate report are now being prepared by the police to be submitted to Camp Crame and to the Makati City Court.
Sindac also assured that the police personnel that are detailed at Fort Sto. Domingo, where Napoles is detained since early last month, have the proper training to address any health condition that may affect Napoles.
The businesswoman was detained at the said police training facility on orders of a court in Makati City which is hearing her serious illegal charges filed by her cousin and ‘pork barrel’ scam whistle blower Benhur Luy.
Napoles is also set to appear on November 7 before a hearing of the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee that is conducting an investigation on the ‘pork barrel’ scam involving her and several senators.
The PNP official said that the police has adequate personnel to ensure the safety and security of Napoles once she appears before the senate next month. ANTHONY VARGAS