• NDRRMC: Power to be fully restored in quake-battered Bohol

    0

    The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Tuesday announced that power is still to be fully restored in the quake-battered areas of Bohol.

    The NDRRMC made the announcement after noting that power was only restored in 77 percent of the barangays and 59 percent in the households in the quake-hit communities.

    The NDRRMC added that this is despite power being restored to Tagbilaran City and 47 towns.

    Bohol and Cebu were placed under a state of calamity due to the 7.2 magnitude earthquake last October 15.

    As of 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, the NDRRMC said 2,384 aftershocks had been recorded from the quake.

    The death toll remained at 190, including 177 in Bohol, 12 in Cebu and one in Siquijor.

    At least 605 were injured while 11 are still missing.

    The NDRRMC said the quake affected 588,564 families or 2,945,963 people in 1,282 villages in 52 towns and six cities in six provinces.

    Of these, 20,995 families or 111,239 people are staying in 104 evacuation centers. PNA

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.