GMA Network finally received on Monday Aljur Abrenica’s Judicial Confirmation of Rescission of Contract, which the actor personally filed at the Quezon City Hall of Justice on July 24, together with controversial legal counsel, lawyer Ferdinand Topacio.
The station officially released its statement late Tuesday through Angela Javier-Cruz, assistant vice president for Corporate Communications, who said that the network’s lawyers would immediately review the complaint and answer accordingly in court.
Moreover, GMA expressed sadness over Aljur’s decision stating, “The network considers this incident very unfortunate because GMA has greatly invested on Aljur, who is one of its prime artists.”
In filing his complaint, Aljur otherwise told reporters, “Ako po yung huling tao na mag-dedesisyon na malagay sa ganitong kalagayan. Pero hindi po ako nabibigyan ng pagpapahalaga at respeto sa career na gusto ko.”
As reported by PEP.ph, Aljur’s affidavit stated, “It has also become apparent to Aljur that GMA does not have any clear and concrete plan with regard to the direction of his career and growth as a performing artist, as shown by the manner they have handled his career and developed his ‘brand.’”
This brand, the affidavit furthered, made Aljur into a sexy actor which produced topless roles in TV, and a supposed “double-meaning” album.
Despite the alleged “gross mismanagement,” GMA still maintained its position. It said, “Aljur is a homegrown GMA talent who was discovered through the reality search, Starstruck in 2007. Since then, he has been given numerous projects . . .
“Likewise, GMA Network and GMA Artist Center have arranged major endorsements and corporate partnerships for Aljur,” the statement ended.