LUCENA CITY: Mayor Roderick “Dondon” Alcala has assured his constituents of a new market that will be serviceable before 2015 ends. Alcala said the market construction will be given a priority as this will replace the old marketplace, which was razed on May 28, 2014. The 2-storey new public market complex will house 400 stalls and seats on a 7,000-square-meter lot in Barangay 6. Alcala assured that stall owners of the razed market will be given a priority in the accommodation of vendors. He also denied speculations that the fire last year was intentional as the old market space was needed as a parking space for a new supermarket chain near the area. Alcala said the project will need P98 million to complete, P40 million of which will come from the GSIS insurance and the rest shall be loaned by the city government from a bank. Currently, the market vendors are relocated in a private lot three blocks away from the new public market.