SEOUL: North Korea on Saturday suggested holding a preparatory meeting with South Korea ahead of proposed military talks between the two foes that it said could “prevent in advance a second Korean war.” The military dialogue had initially been offered by leader Kim Jung-un in his speech to a rare congress of North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party earlier this month, but Seoul dismissed it as posturing. Pyongyang reiterated the offer on Friday, only to be rebuffed again by Seoul the same day. Apparently undeterred, on Saturday the North pushed for a preparatory meet. Seoul insists it will only consider engaging in substantive dialogue with Pyongyang if the regime takes a tangible step toward denuclearization. The North has repeatedly said its nuclear arsenal is not up for negotiation.