THE Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on Monday assured the public that it’s operations will not be disrupted, especially its services to the poor, with the sudden resignation of the agency’s chairperson Margarita Juico.
“The service delivery of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office will continue as before and will not be disrupted in any way,” Jose Ferdinand Rojas 2nd, PCSO general manager and the acting head of the state-owned charity institution, said in a speech to PCSO employees yesterday.
Rojas, who is also vice-chairman of the PCSO Board of Directors, praised Juico for the reforms she introduced when she took over the institution in 2010.
“The reforms she implemented have uplifted the agency’s operations and service delivery. We wish her well on her decision to end her stint in public service after her 65th birthday,” he said.
Among these reforms are the establishment of satellite offices in various parts of the country which brought the charity institution closer to the public especially those living in far-flung areas.
At present, the PCSO has 38 branches nationwide that can process requests for medical assistance.
It was the Manila Times who first reported Juico’s resignation last week allegedly because of intrigues and dirty politics.
According to the article written by Dr. Dante A. Ang Chairman Emeritus of the Times, a group close to interior and local government secretary Manuel Roxas has been coveting Juico’s post.