– First player to win three Grand Slam titles and six Masters 1000 series titles in the same year.
– First player to reach 14 straight finals in a calendar year.
– Won 22 straight matches from August 23 until his win in Paris.
– Took his haul of Masters 1000 series titles to 26, just one shy of all-time leader Rafael Nadal.
– Became the first men’s player to win more than $16million in prize money during a season.
– Became just the third man in the Open era—after Rod Laver and Roger Federer—to play in all four Grand Slam finals in a single year.
– Finished the regular season with a 78-5 win-loss record, the fourth best in history.