Labor Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz on Wednesday said the overseas Filipino worker who was beaten up by two Indian nationals in Singapore has already returned to the country.
Baldoz added that the two Indians who also videotaped their abuse of the OFW before uploading it on social networking sites that went viral and earned widespread condemnation from cyber users are being investigated by Singaporean authorities.
Baldoz identified the victim as Mia Sotan Malo who sustained various injuries after she was maltreated and beaten up by the suspects for no apparent reason.
“Our Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Singapore, in coordination with the assistance to nationals [ATN] section of the Philippine Embassy, has been assisting Ms. Malo regarding her case” Baldoz said.
“She was provided counseling and was brought to a doctor for a medical check-up before she was repatriated last week,” she added.
Rose Khoo, Malo’s employer reportedly granted her wish to return home and paid for her plane ticket to be with her family right after the incident.
Charges of voluntary causing hurt, physical abuse, blackmail, and illegal recording and uploading of video on social media were filed against the two Indians.