YOU can save yourself some time, space and effort this holiday season and make entertaining carefree with the help of a few organizing tips aimed at different areas of your home.
You can make a great first impression the moment visitors come into your home with an organized entryway.
• Use colors and textures to add personal style to your organization solution. The experts at EasyClosets, an online provider of custom organization solutions, suggest exploring the many color options available, including popular neutrals with gray values, true browns and gray browns. Detailed textured finishes with natural characteristics of real wood can add sophisticated flair and make any room feel more inviting.
• Store off-season items out of sight to create a clean and tidy appearance. Custom cabinets provide hidden storage while shoe shelves, pull-out baskets, racks and drawers can be added to keep everyday essentials organized.
• Provide a convenient place to sit or to store items as you enter or leave your home. A built-in bench becomes a landing pad to slip shoes on and off or to place backpacks or groceries temporarily. It can also offer a comfortable place to relax with a good book after the holiday hustle and bustle.
Your kitchen is the center of holiday preparations and likely the heart of your home all year. An organized pantry that blends beautifully with your home can save you valuable time when you’re entertaining or just serving everyday family meals. Here are hints on how to do it:
• Keep the ingredients and equipment you use most often at eye level on open shelves, while less frequently used items or breakables can be kept higher up.
• Simplify meal prep by keeping spices at the ready in their own special slide-out rack that tucks away neatly when it’s not needed.
• Use vertical dividers to separate trays, cutting boards, platters and pans, placing them within arm’s reach.
• Keep linens, utensils, serving tools and party supplies neatly organized and accessible in cabinets and fully extending drawers.
• Place your wine collection on display and make selecting wine easier with a built-in wine rack.
• Add stemware holders to keep glasses handy any time you want to raise a toast, while providing safe and convenient storage.
Keep your family room organized for holiday entertaining with a media center personalized to fit your home decor and lifestyle.
• Organize your media components behind doors or on open shelves while keeping controls handy in fully extending drawers.
• Wires everywhere? Keep your room looking uncluttered and clean with a built-in cable management system. EasyClosets media centers include extra space behind and beneath the drawers to hold cables, power strips and a wireless router.
• What’s more, you don’t have to settle for standard sizes and limited colors. You can choose the style, color and even the size to customize a media center for your exact space and flat-screen TV. There’s a plethora of configuration options, so you can have a personalized approach to designing a media center that is uniquely your own. Best of all, it will be made to order without the wait: Orders placed by 6:00 p.m. ET ship the next business day. North American Precis Syndicate
For further tips and organizing ideas, go to www.EasyClosets.com. North American Precis Syndicates