ALLEGED pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles can leave the hospital anytime even without paying her bill up front.
Napoles needs only to execute a promissory note and out the door of the government-run Ospital ng Makati (OsMak) she can go.
As of Thursday, her bill stood at a little over P105,000.
Dr. Perry Peralta, OsMak medical director, said they already issued a discharge order for Napoles on May 6.
Despite the order, however, Napoles is still at the hospital since her lawyers asked the Makati Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 150 to extend her confinement there.
“The matter of her continued stay at OsMak is up to the courts, not hospital management,” Peralta said in a statement.
He added that the hospital had coordinated with the Philippine National Police (PNP) for the transfer of Napoles to her detention cell at Fort Santo Domingo in Santa Rosa, Laguna.
“We even coordinated with her PNP detail and informed them they can pull out Mrs. Napoles anytime,” Peralta said.
Prior to her hospital confinement, Napoles had been detained at Fort Santo Domingo for a serious illegal detention case filed by pork scam whistleblower Benhur Luy.
She underwent an operation to remove the tumor in her uterus at the OsMak last April 23.
Makati RTC Branch 150 Judge Elmo Alameda deferred on Thursday the resolution of Napoles’ motion.
Instead, he set another hearing where Napoles’ doctors from Fort Santo Domingo will have to testify whether conditions there would be suitable for her recovery.
During Thursday’s hearing, Napoles’ lawyers said the businesswoman needs a very clean and cold room in order to fully recover from her operations.
Dr. Efren Domingo, Napoles’ private doctor from St. Luke’s Medical Center, said Napoles has to undergo gynecological examination every week for six months.
Domingo, the obstetrician-gynecologist who performed the operation on Napoles, said a very dirty environment could lead to possible infections and complications on the patient’s operation.
Napoles is facing graft, plunder and malversation charges in connection with the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam.