Ospital ng Makati gags staff on Napoles’ transfer

0

PERSONNEL of the government-run Ospital ng Makati were ordered to keep mum on the transfer and confinement there of Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged pork barrel scam mastermind.

But sources said hospital staff were told to prepare for the possible transfer of Napoles any time on Monday.

The staff earlier on Monday they do not know when Napoles will be transferred to their hospital from Fort Sto. Domingo in Santa Rosa, Laguna.

According to Judith Pelayo, a staff from the hospital’s Communication Department, they were ordered not to talk about Napoles’s transfer.


She said only Medical Director Dr. Perry Ishmael Peralta, also the hospital’s information officer, is authorized to talk about the transfer and confinement of the detained businesswoman.

“We are not allowed to talk about that. Until now, we don’t know when she will be transferred [here],” Pelayo told The Manila Times.

She also refused to talk about the procedures Napoles would undergo if she was already brought to the hospital.

“Only our information officer can talk about that. We are not allowed to talk to the media about that,” Pelayo said.

A hospital staff earlier said a memorandum was issued by the management placing them on alert for thr possible confinement of Napoles.

But the memorandum did not indicate the specific date and time of Napoles’ transfer.
Journalists were on a stakeout Sunday night after Sr. Supt. Reuben Theodore Sindac, Public Information Office chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), told reporters that Napoles may be transferred to the hospital late Monday afternoon.

”Within this day, JNL [Janet Lim-Napoles] will be possibly transferred, most probably later in the afternoon. No other details can be provided for security reasons,” Sindac said in a text message.

Some policemen from the Makati City Police have been deployed to beef up security at the hospital

Makati City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 150 Judge Elmo Alameda on Friday approved Napoles’ motion to allow her undergo medical surgery and hospital confinement but at the Makati hospital, not St. Luke’s in Taguig City as she had requested.

Napoles was complaining of severe abdominal pain and profuse bleeding.
Tagged as the alleged brains in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, she is currently detained at Fort Santo Domingo in Laguna for serious illegal detention.

Napoles is also facing plunder complaints before the Office of the Ombudsman in connection with the pork barrel scam and the misuse of Malampaya funds.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.