Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao on Sunday advised his fans to wait ‘within this month’ for the announcement of his highly-anticipated fight with undefeated Floyd Mayweather.
”Let’s wait for the announcement within this month,” Pacquiao said in a television interview on the sideline of the Final’s Game 3 between San Miguel Beer and Alaska in the PBA Philippine Cup at the Araneta Coliseum.
Pacquiao, a congressman from lone district of Sarranggani, is the playing-coaching of PBA’s expansion Kia ballclub.
Meanwhile, a report said the camps of the Pacquiao and Mayweather had agreed to stage the much-awaited fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
According to a source of Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire, both camps “we’re making progress” in their effort to finally seal the mega-fight.
Pacquiao, the WBO welterweight champion, had fought eleven times at the MGM Grand Garden while Mayweather, the WBC title holder, held 13 fights, including his last 10, at the same venue.
The LA Times’ source also said Mayweather, still undefeated in 47 fights, wanted a 60-40 split in his favor while the camp of Pacquiao (57-5-2) is willing to get the lower share of the purse.
The report also said the fight contract could be finally signed in the next seven to ten days.
Earlier, Pacquiao has given Mayweather until the last day of the month to respond to the Filipino’s challenge to the American world champion.
After knocking down unbeaten Chris Algieri six times in November last year, Pacquiao said he is excited to fight Mayweather and the highly-anticiapted fight should happen now.
The negotiations for the mega fight kicked off after Mayweather reportedly expressed readiness to fight Pacquiao on May 2. PNA