Pacquiao-Vargas fight an all-out war – Koncz

0
Manny Pacquiao FILE PHOTO

Manny Pacquiao
FILE PHOTO

Manny Pacquiao’s long time personal adviser Mike Koncz said the November 5 fight between the Filipino eight-division world titleholder and reigning World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Jessie Vargas will be an exciting fight.

Advertisements

“It [Pacquiao-Vargas match] is going to be a perfect fight, a pretty much entertaining fight because style creates good fight,” Koncz told The Manila Times on Sunday during a phone interview. “Pacquiao and Vargas will surely give the fans a really good fight that they’ve wanted. That’s my only comment.”

Koncz said the 37-year-old Pacquiao has already started a light scale training in General Santos City over the weekend.

Pacquiao will proceed California, US on September 8 for a press conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Koncz said the light training would gradually increase to heavy training before the last week of October. But he reiterated that Pacquiao (58-6-2 win-loss-draw record with 38 knockouts) will be training in Manila most of the time to attend in his senatorial duty.

“Manny will be training here in Manila near in the senate because he doesn’t like to miss his senatorial duty,” added Koncz.

Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach will fly to Manila to facilitate his training.

Vargas (27-1 record with 10 knockouts) and Pacquiao will clash at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada in US.

“I will do my best for the fans. I can still show how competitive I’ am even I’m busy. Boxing is my passion and I just can’t let it go. I can still fight and that’s my main job,” Pacquiao said.

JOSEF T. RAMOS

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.