The Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur has released the passports of most of the 687 applicants in Sabah.
The embassy said the release of the passports of the other applicants was “hampered by insufficient documents submitted or not having proper return address, respectively.”
“In many cases, the applicants improperly wrote their return mailing address in the application form, or have since moved to another place without properly notifying the Embassy. A number of applications have also been disapproved for lack of birth certificates or similar documents,” it said.
However, embassy officials continue to cross-check each name in the list and in the case of passports still with the embassy, to ensure that passports will be received right away by the applicants.
The embassy said that it cannot work with Juvy Ranjit or her placement agency, Pinoy Resources, as their accreditation with the embassy is on hold due to numerous complaints for overcharging of fees and non-delivery of services.
The agency has also been accused of being involved in the sale and proliferation of falsified Philippine birth certificates to undocumented Filipinos in Sabah.
“The Philippine Embassy has always given particular attention to the well-being of Filipinos in Sabah, and regularly dispatches its personnel on consular missions there. A seven-person Embassy team was in Lahad Datu from May 27 to June 7 and also in Kunak and Tawau from June 16 to 29. Another seven-person team is now in Kota Kinabalu until July 20, and has so far processed the passport applications of nearly 1,000 Filipinos. Some of the passports processed during these missions were already received by the applicants,” the embassy said in a statement.
“The Embassy will remain focused on uplifting the welfare of Filipinos there and will not relent in its mission,” it added.