PDEA destroys P27.7-M worth of marijuana in Benguet

0

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Director General Undersecretary Arturo G. Cacdac Jr. said Wednesday that its anti-narcotics agents in collaboration with different law enforcement units in Benguet destroyed 62 marijuana plantation sites during a five-day marijuana eradication operations in two barangays in Kibungan town, Benguet.

Advertisements

In a statement, Cacdac said that the seized marijuana was composed of 97,100 pieces of fully grown plants; 15,225 pieces of marijuana seedlings; 2,000 grams of dried leaves; 60,000 grams of marijuana stalks; and 5,000 grams of seeds, with an over-all market value of P27,704,000.

He said that all the uprooted and confiscated marijuana were burned and destroyed at the plantation sites during the eradication operations.

During the operations from Oct. 30 to Nov. 3, combined operatives of PDEA Regional Office Cordillera Administrative Region (PDEA RO CAR), PPSC, Benguet, Police Provincial Office, Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group (PAIDSOTG), Benguet PPO, Kibungan Municipal Police Station, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, CAR (CIDG, CAR), and Regional Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group (RAIDSOTG) conducted the marijuana eradication in Sitios Les-eng, Todag, Wallayan, Batangan, Bacbacan, Pingew and Culiang, all in Barangay Tacadang, Kibungan, Benguet; and Sitio Deckan, Barangay Badeo, also in Kibungan, where the 62 marijuana plantation sites were discovered and the P27.7 M worth of the illegal hemp confiscated.

“The various marijuana cultivation sites, with an aggregate land area of 2.12 hectares, were situated in the sitios of barangays of Tacadang and Tadeo in Kibungan, Benguet. 94.34 percent of these cultivation sites were found in Tacadang, while the other 5.66 percent were in Badeo,” Cacdac said.

He added that the anti-narcotics operatives also conducted dialogues, consultations and dissemination of information on the ill effects of marijuana use, legal implications of marijuana production and trading, participation of the community in the enforcement of the anti-drug law and other related issues for the residents of the barangays. PNA

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.