TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan: A total of 51 firecracker-related injuries have been recorded in Region 2 by the Department of Health (DOH) office here as of Friday morning. Dr. Valeriano Lopez of DOH in Region 2 said 47 suffered burns, five were hit in the eyes and one had a finger amputated. Most of the victims were minors, with the banned firecracker piccolo causing the injuries. But the number of firecracker-related injuries in the region was lower than that of last year. The Cagayan police director, Senior Supt. Ronaldo Olay, said eight persons were arrested for selling illegal firecrackers.