Plunder raps filed vs. Napoles, 5 senators, 23 congressmen

1

Charges of plunder and violation of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act were filed against Janet Lim-Napoles, five senators and 23 congressmen by anti-crime group Citizen Crime Watch (CCW) before the Office of the Ombudsman on Friday.

Advertisements

Napoles is said to have arranged the release of billions from the congressional Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) to sham non-government organizations (NGOs) that Napoles ran or controlled.

The senators were Senate Minority Leader Juan Ponce Enrile, Ramon Revilla Jr., Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada, Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Gregorio Honasan.

Also named respondents were members of the House in 2006, Rizalina Seachon-Lanete; Conrad Estrella 3rd; Edgar Valdez; Rodolfo Plaza; Erwin Chiongbian, Samuel Dangwa; Robert Raymund Estrella; Manuel Ortega; Constantino Jaraula; Mark Douglas Cagas 4th; Arthur Oinggoy Jr; Federico Sandoval 2nd; Victor Francisco Ortega Arrel Olano; Salacnib Batarina; Rodolfo Valencia; Antonio Serapio; Isidro Real Jr.; Rozzano Rufino Biazon; Joel Villanueva; Rufus Rodriguez, Ernesto Nieva and Amado Bagatsing.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is scheduled to file its own pork barrel-related case on Monday, as announced by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

CCW Founder and Chairman Joe Malvar Villegas and Carlo Batalla, CCW Secretary General were the affiants in the case and were represented by Atty. Raymund Fortun.

CCW is the same group that filed the petition to suspend pork barrel releases that was granted by the Supreme Court.

At the weekly forum Balitaan sa Hotel Rembrandt, Villegas said they based their case on Commission on Audit (COA) special reports.

Based on accounts by whistleblower Benhur Uy, Napoles used at least five fake non-government organizations (NGOs) through the National Agribusiness Corp. (Nabcor) since 2006.

“It’s anybody’s prerogative,” Villegas said, when asked why they filed the case ahead of the DOJ.

“Why wait? . . . Besides we do not know whom they (DOJ) would be charging. Some of them are even my friends,” Villegas said.

He said the Office of the Ombudsman could consolidate the case and the one DOJ will be filing.

Not me

In a related development, Sen. Estrada has denied that he was the ‘sexy’ referred to by pork barrel fund scam whistleblower Luy.

Estrada admitted that he was previously fat, then lost weight after he underwent an operation.

The senator was reacting to the revelation of Luy during the Senate inquiry on the pork barrel fund scam, that he went to the Senate in 2011 to get some documents from what he described as “sexy male.”

“I admit that I was then fat but I lost weight because I underwent operation because that time, my weight is too much,” Estrada told a radio interview.

‘I told you so’

The admission of Luy that he was involved in forging the signatures of lawmakers on liquidation reports and other documents has further supported the claims of Senator Marcos, that his signatures appeared in some documents endorsing non-governmental organizations (NGOs) were forged.

Luy admitted he was the one forging the signatures of lawmakers on liquidation documents needed in order for the implementing agencies release the fund to them.

He claimed that Napoles had been given authority by the lawmakers to forge their signatures.

Marcos recently denied reports that he endorsed at least four NGOs linked to Napoles and channeled at least P100-million form his PDAF.

Marcos made the denial following the receipt of a letter from Magno Oasan, supervising auditor of the COA dated September 4, 2013 inquiring about the authenticity of his signatures appeared on various documents involving the NLDC.

WITH REPORTS FROM JEFFERSON ANTOPORDA AND RITCHIE HORARIO

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

1 Comment