• Policemen in rally dispersal charged

    0

    A criminal complaint was filed Wednesday against several policemen in connection with the dispersal last week of a rally in front of the United States Embassy in Manila.

    Charged at the Office of the Ombudsman were Senior Supt. Marcelino Pedrozo, Manila Police District (MPD) deputy director for operations; Chief Inspector Dionelle Brannon, Pedro Gil Police Community Precinct commander; Chief Insp. Roberto Marinda, commander of a police augmentation force; Chief Insp. Roberto Mangune, commander of police detailed at the embassy; Senior Inspector Edgardo Orongan, chief of operations of the MPD public safety battalion; Supt. Albert Barot, MPD Station 5 commander; Chief Inspector Elmer Oseo, Station 5 deputy commander; Chief Inspector Joebie Astucia, Station 5 chief of operations, and Police Officer 3 Franklin Kho.

    They were charged with multiple attempted murder, serious physical injuries, unlawful arrest, grave misconduct, grave abuse of authority and conduct unbecoming of a public officer.

    All nine police officers have been relieved.

    The complainants — Argee “Piya” Macliing Malayao, Nicole Soria, Baling Catubigan, Raymart Sumalbag, Reynaldo Moldon, Dionesia Abear, and Reyan Naong – said they were almost killed when Kho, who was driving a police mobile, plowed into a group of protesters.

    Several policemen also allegedly “forcefully dragged” Sumalbag out of the jeepney used by the protesters and “and beat him up.”

    Complainants Moldon, Abear and Naong were also allegedly mauled by several policemen.

    Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde was also included as a respondent in his capacity as National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director.

    The complainants said Albayalde “already prejudged the outcome of any investigation on incident, since he prematurely exonerated the respondents” in his earlier statements.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.