FIVE survivors of the killer 7.2 magnitude earthquake that hit Bohol and the Visayas last year will break bread with Pope Francis when he visits the country in January next year.
Tagbilaran Bishop Leonardo Medroso said they will send five quake victims to Palo, Leyte where Pope Francis will meet with the victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda.
“We will send the five victims to Palo where Pope Francis will personally meet and eat with them,” Medroso said in an interview over Radyo Veritas.
Pope Francis will be in the Philippines from January 13 to 15.
Besides from the earthquake victims, some survivors of Typhoon Yolanda in Leyte and Samar will also have a chance to dine with the pontiff.
Medroso admitted that he wishes that Pope Francis could visit Bohol even for just “one or two hours” to counsel the earthquake victims.
On October 15, 2013, a magnitude 7.2 earthquake shook Carmen, Bohol and other parts of the Visayas and Mindanao, leaving at least 100 people dead and dozens injured.
Medroso added that aside from the eleven heritage churches that were ruined, there are also 33 churches of the Diocese of Bohol that were destroyed by the earthquake.
The priest added that the Pope’s visit will inspire and give hope to all disaster victims.