• RC Cola maker expands capacity, targets Asean

    0

    ARC Refreshments Corp. will put up two additional manufacturing plants by 2017 and is also looking at eventually expanding to other Southeast Asian markets, a senior official said on Friday.

    “We’re only covering 70 percent of the Philippines geographically and we still intend to grow the remaining 30 percent in the next two years,” ARC Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Gerry Garcia told reporters.

    ARC, the local maker of the RC Cola line of carbonated drinks, has nine manufacturing plants at present and an estimated market share of between 13 to 15 percent. The firm increased capacity of its existing plants this year by 20 percent.

    Apart from its current footprint, Garcia said the company would also expand to other distribution areas especially in  “Asean markets such as Myanmar and Vietnam.”

    “There are three ways for us to grow the market. First, we can be physically present in wide territories or areas where we are not there yet. Second, strengthen our position in channels where we are still in, and third, participate in other product categories that we are not in yet,” Garcia said.

    He added that the company would be adopting these strategies over the next five years.
    ARC is the carbonated drinks manufacturer of former ambassador Alfredo Yao under listed firm Macay Holdings Inc. It is the third largest carbonated drinks maker in the Philippines behind Coca Cola and Pepsi.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.