Red Velvet is arguably the most sought-after flavor there is nowadays, taking over almost every recipe from cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, because of the eye-catching red hue, and subtle taste of cocoa in contrast to a generous accompaniment of cream cheese frosting.
Moms can take advantage of this trend for their Noche Buena or Christmas midnight feast and impress the family with Red Velvet Strawberry Sandwich.
Another unique take on a classic cake, moms can make many batches of Red Velvet Strawberry Sandwich to share during the Holidays. The cream cheese filling in between two soft red velvet sponge cakes will surely be a hit.
Below is an easy-to-follow recipe:
Red Velvet Strawberry Creamwich
1 pack Maya Decadence Red Velvet Cake Mix 400g
1 tablespoon gelatin powder
2 tablespoons cold water
3 tablespoons hot water
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 pack instant whipping cream powder (included)
1/3 cup cold water
1/2 cup strawberry jam
fresh strawberries, as needed for garnishing (optional)
sprinkles for garnishing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 177-degress Celcius. Grease and line two 9 x 9 inch square pans. Set aside.
2. Prepare red velvet cake mix according to package direction except pour and equally divide the mixture into two prepared pans. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done. Set aside to cool down.
3.In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water for a minute to soften and bloom then add hot water. Keep stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream until double in volume. Add in the gelatin mixture and condensed milk. Lightly mix until well blended.
5. Place instant whipping cream powder and cold water in a bowl and beat until fully aerated. Add and mix into the cream and condensed milk mixture, gently fold until well blended.
6. Add strawberry jam into the cream mixture and gently fold until well blended.
5.To assemble: Lay one square of cake on a clean flat serving dish then top and spread evenly the creamed mixture on it. Sandwich the cream with another cake. Place in the freezer or chiller to firm. Cut in desired shapes before serving.