• Ford Philippines gives car owners these six easy-to-remember tips to ensure their car’s road worthiness before going on their next journey this Holy Week
MANILA, Philippines,18 March2016 – Ford Philippines is reminding customers to drive to their nearest Ford dealership to have their Ford vehicles properly checkedbefore going on any long drive this Holy Week.
Many are expected to escape the crazed Metro Manila trafficand head out to open roads and quieter destinations for some reflection and relaxation. However, before packing your bags and driving off, it is recommended that customers firstmake a stop at a Ford Service Center to have their car checked and tested by Ford’s well-trained and highly-skilled service team.
Ford shares the top six items you should check on your vehicle before any long drive:
1. Tires – Flat tires are one of the most common road problems today. They can heat up easily on long trips which can cause blowouts. Make sure to maintain the recommended tire pressure and double-check if your spare tire is in top shape as well. The minimum legal tread depth is 1.6mm across the central 4/3 of the tire, all the way around.
2. Brakes – Test if your brakes are in good working condition by checking if they make any squeaking sounds, pulsations, grabbing, or if it takes a longer stopping distance. If you hear noise, it may be a sign to change your brake pads.
3. Batteries – Make sure your car’s battery and cables are securely attached and free of corrosion. This lessens its chances of dying on the road. Stay charged as batteries can fail any time of the year. Also have your electrical and ignition systems checked, too. A road trip is no fun if the car won’t start.
4. Oil – Have the service technician check your oil levels and assess if it’s time for an oil change. Don’t wait for the warning light to come on because by then, the damage may have already been done. Without oil, your engine will overheat, weld itself together and breakdown.
5. Air conditioning System – A busted air-condition system is a nightmare for any driver. If you feel the AC is weaker than normal, have it checked right away. Newer models have cabin air filters that clean the air entering the heating and AC system.
6. Lights – Make sure all your lights are working – indicator, brake, full beam, fog lamps, and the rest. Faulty lights are dangerous for your and other motorists. Other drivers will have a difficult time gauging their distance from you on the road. Worse, they won’t know which direction you will take if your blinkers fail, too. Remember to test that your headlights, blinkers, and the interior lighting are all working well.
“Safety is a top priority for us at Ford, and we’d like to help ensure that all our customers and their families have peace of mind on the road. These six tips could be your initial step to making that happen. We take great pride in our service team’s skilland competence in ensuring your Ford vehicle is ready for your next long drive,” said Margo Delfinado, director, Ford Customer Service Division.
Customers can choose from any of 40 authorized Ford dealerships in the country to have their vehicle checked and serviced.
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Companyis a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Michigan. With about 199,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, financing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. At the same time, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility, the company’s plan to be a leader in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience, and data and analytics. For more information regarding Ford, its products worldwide or Ford Motor Credit Company, visit www.corporate.ford.com. email@example.com