Reward raised for Sta. Rosa slays suspects


STA. ROSA CITY, Laguna: The reward for the capture of the mastermind and another suspect in the gruesome killing of a mother and her one-year-old child has been raised to P300,000 as charges of double murder and double parricide were filed by the police against the perpetrators.

Santa Rosa City Mayor Arlene Arcillas, in a news conference, said that in addition to the P200, 000 she earlier allocated, Laguna Gov. Ramil Hernandez also offered P100,000 for the arrest of the suspects.

Laguna Provincial Police Director, Senior Supt. Ronnie Montejo said they expect the reward could help them solve the case, especially the arrest of the victim’s husband – Richard Sta. Ana – said to have contracted the two suspects for the gruesome crime.

On Friday, claiming responsibility for the crime, Ramoncito Galo surrendered to Barangay Cupang (Muntinlupa) chairman Celso Diokno, who turned him over to the police.

Galo underwent inquest proceedings for theft with double murder at the Santa Rosa City Prosecutors Office. His co-accused, also a tricycle driver, who remained at large was identified only as “Bryan”.

Police also filed double parricide charges against Richard, the husband of victim Pearl Helen.

Pearl Helen and her son Denzel were found dead in their residence in Celina Plains Subdivision on March 2 by their relatives.

Denzel was declared dead on arrival, while Pearl Helen died days later at the hospital.

Based on the autopsy report, the victims were hit on the head by a hard object.

Investigators said that the suspects, who reportedly introduced themselves as Internet service repairmen to be able to enter the victims’ house, used a hammer in killing the mother and her child.

The hammer was found in the crime scene on the same day.

Galo said his conscience has been bothering him after committing the crime that he decided to surrender to authorities.

He claimed they were contracted for P60,000 by “Boss” to kill the victims. Police said

“Boss” turned out to be Sta. Ana, who allegedly suspected that Pearl Helen was having extra marital affair.

Galo said “Boss” gave P10,000 as initial payment and the balance was to be given after they had done their “job”.

Pearl Helen’s siblings told the police the last time they saw Richard was during the burial of his wife and son, and since then has went back to his family in Quezon City (Metro Manila). He could not be contacted since then and police said he did not surrender his cellphone unit contrary to his claim.


Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.