Expect heavy traffic this weekend in some major portions of Quezon City.
This, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), is due to the road repairs and re-blocking being conducted by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
The MMDA said road reblocking works will be conducted starting Friday (August 22) at 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. of Monday (August 25).
In its advisory, the MMDA said DPWH will undertake road reblocking and repairs on the following areas :
1. Along C-5 Road, from J. Vargas to CJ Caparas St., Outermost lane, southbound lane;
2. Along Araneta Avenue from Del Monte Avenue to Maria Clara St., QC, 2nd lane, southbound lane;
3. Along E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue / C-5 between Mercury and Eastwood Avenue, 3rd lane, southbound lane;
4. Along Fairview Avenue from Doña Carmen to Winston St., 3rd lane, northbound lane; and
5. Along Congressional Avenue from Mindanao Avenue to April St., QC, 1st lane, Westbound.
To avoid traffic delays, the MMDA advised motorists to use alternate routes.
It added that all roads will be fully passable by Monday morning. PNA