AN incumbent senator and several administration allies will be included in a revised letter-complaint being drafted by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in connection with the third batch of cases against lawmakers linked to the pork barrel scam, a Justice department official said on Monday.
According to Justice Undersecretary Jose Justiniano, the document would be sent to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima within the week.
“It is up to the Secretary’s discretion when the cases will be filed with the Ombudsman,” Justiniano said.
Eight or nine individuals will figure in the cases, he disclosed.
Justiniano said no plunder case will be filed against an in the batch.
When asked if there are administration allies included in the third batch, he replied, “Meron [There is].”
“Sinabi naman ni Secretary [de Lima]and I quote, ‘Wala naman kaming tinitignang partido dito. Kung may ebidensya e kasuhan namin’” (The Secretary said, ‘We don’t look at party affiliation. If there’s evidence against them, we file cases against them],’” Justiniano said.
The revision of the NBI’s first letter-complaint was made last week to address issues raised by those saying their signatures were forged.
When also asked if these individuals are to be dropped from the cases, he said the number they initially mentioned as composing the third batch will be the same number that will face charges.