• Seven children die as broken heater sparks New York blaze

    0

    NEW YORK CITY: Seven children from the same family died on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) when their New York home was engulfed in flames after a portable cooker malfunctioned. The hot plate, a small electrical heating element, may have been left on to keep food warm because of Orthodox Jewish customs that bar cooking on the Sabbath, New York Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro said. “This is the largest tragedy by fire that this city has had in seven years,” Nigro said in comments reported by The New York Times.  A 45-year-old woman, the mother and another girl, 14, escaped by jumping out of windows and were being treated in area hospitals in critical condition.

    AFP

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.