THE kitchen remodel is the ultimate home improvement project. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the most expensive. Thanks to product innovations, homeowners can remodel their kitchen and give it a fresh, up-to-date look without breaking the bank. From cabinets and countertops to overhead lighting and everything underneath, there are a variety of product options available for homeowners to transform their kitchens for less.
Seven inexpensive projects to make over a kitchen include:
1. Cabinet Face-lift—Are your cabinets stuck in a previous decade? Update cabinets with Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations. This innovative coating system transforms the look of old, worn cabinets into the look of beautiful handcrafted cabinetry without the cost, downtime or mess associated with replacement or refacing. This product is easy to use with no stripping, sanding or priming needed. In three simple steps, you can create a new, custom look for your cabinets that you will be proud to showcase.
2. Countertop Rescue—Old, dingy countertops deserve a second chance at looking brand new. Countertop demolition costs a fortune and leaves homeowners with an inconvenient mess. Don’t replace counters; rescue them with Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations. This revolutionary, do-it-yourself kit gives outdated, worn surfaces a sought-after, high-end granite finish in a weekend.
3. Appliance Alliance—Not ready to part ways with your appliances just yet? Not a problem. Dated or mismatched appliances are an easy fix with Rust-Oleum Specialty Appliance Epoxy. It is specifically formulated for indoor metal surfaces and provides appliances and other indoor metal applications with a smooth, washable, factorylike finish. Specialty Appliance Epoxy is available in popular colors like black, white, biscuit and even stainless steel.
4. (Eye)Soaring Lights—Outdated overhead light fixtures can quickly become an eyesore and oftentimes are surprisingly overlooked by homeowners. Pendant lighting or can lighting are inexpensive additions that can be customized with spray paint. Rust-Oleum Universal spray paint is a paint and primer in one that has the power to transform light fixtures from boring to brilliant.
5. Pull Drawer Galore—The smallest additions alter the overall design or feel of a space. Upgrading hardware can easily be accomplished with a can of Rust-Oleum Universal spray paint. Metallic colors such as Oil-Rubbed Bronze or Dark Steel modernize cabinets, or softer matte colors such as French Cream and Iced Gray provide your kitchen with a warm, cozy feel.
6. Let There Be Color—Is your kitchen lacking personality? Spice up décor items with colorful spray paint. Paint anything from centerpieces, frames, chairs and more to liven up your living space. Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2X spray paint provides twice the coverage in a single pass, which means your project will be done in half the time. It is available in a satin or glossy finish with dozens of colors to choose from.
7. Specialty Solution—A lot of time is spent in the kitchen. Looking for a way to keep track of it? Rust-Oleum Specialty Chalkboard and Rust-Oleum Specialty Dry Erase convert kitchen surfaces into writable surfaces. Chalkboard and Dry Erase are the perfect paints to keep track of daily events and to stay organized. These paints can be used to create a life-size wall calendar, arrange menus or make for a stylish backsplash. The possibilities are endless with Chalkboard and Dry Erase, now available in a Clear finish.
For further facts and tips, you can visit www.rustoleum.com.
North American Precis Syndicate