Special task force Gloria faces blank wall


Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna: The police are tracing the route of the woman, who was found dead in her car, to determine where she was abducted and identify her captors through CCTV videos.

Gloria Gonzales, the wife of a Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) official, was found dead inside her car in Laguna early this week.

The police received two videos that recorded traffic on June 25, one CCTV footage showed Gonzales’ car, a Toyota Innova with Plate Number UOS 146, in Barangay Kabilang Baybay in Carmona, Cavite at 1:46 p.m.

Another video showed the same car passing through Barangay Mabuhay, near Southwoods Country Club at around 1:49 p.m.

She was last seen at 1:30 p.m. on June 25 as she left their house in Parañaque City aboard said car. She wore a blue checkered shirt and denim pants.

Special Investigation Task Force (SITG) Gloria spokesman Supt Chit Gaoiran said it was not clear whether Gonzales was driving alone or she had a companion because the windows of the car were heavily tinted. But the car’s plate number was visible.

The last transmission signal from the victim’s cell phone was detected in Barangay Acacia, Silang, Cavite at around 2:30 p.m. the same day.

It was Sunday morning, on June 28 that Gonzales was found dead inside her car, which was parked in Barangay San Vicente, Biñan City in Laguna.

Gaoiran said the SITG is tracing the victim’s possible route from Silang to Biñan. They already requested copies of CCTV footages from establishments along the possible route taken by the victim.

“We are checking surveillance footages in these areas to see if the Toyota Innova was captured on camera and if we can trace the victim’s route,” Gaoiran said.

The police official admitted that they have yet to establish the motive behind the killing of Gonzales, who was reportedly involved in the jewelry business.


Please follow our commenting guidelines.

1 Comment

  1. Did the investigators dust the car for fingerprints or clues? This report didn’t mention this. How about speaking to potential witnesses to find out any motives? How about checking the victim’s computer, smart phone, etc for clues as to who she may have been communicating with prior to her death?

    What kind of training and / or investigative skills have the PHL police had? I assume not much, based on this report. This could have been an extortion attempt that failed.