Stock exchange holds Baguio roadshow

0

The Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. (PSE) is bringing its stock market roadshow to Baguio as a part of PSE’s drive to educate Filipinos across the country on how to invest in the stock market.

Advertisements

The PSE will hold the free stock market seminar today, November 19, from 2 to 6 PM at the Hotel Veniz in Baguio City.

As part of its financial literacy program, during the free seminar the PSE will cover topics such as the basics of stock market investing, exchange traded funds, investor right and protection, online trading, and building an investment portfolio.

The event will also provide assistance to attendees who may have inquiries about requirements in opening a stock trading account.

“We received an overwhelming response when we opened the event to the public. We do have a lot of potential investors all over the country and we hope to reach many of them through our roadshows or our online seminars,” PSE President and Chief Executive Officer Hans B. Sicat said.

Individuals interested in attending the seminar may register through www.pseacademy.com.ph.

This is just one of the many seminars the PSE has conducted outside Metro Manila to increase the number of online stock market investors in the provinces. In August, the PSE held a similar free stock market seminar in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

According to a PSE data, total investing stock market accounts reached 712,549 in 2015, which is 11.2 percent higher than the 640,665 accounts in 2014. Local and retail investors take up bulk of the accounts, which recorded significant growth in the past five years, reflective of the clamor of Filipinos to explore investment and income growth opportunities in the stock market.

As of 2015, retail accounts accounted for 95.2 percent of the total investing accounts, while only 4.8 percent are classified as institutional accounts. Some 98.5 percent of the total were also local investors, while the remaining 1.5 percent were foreign investors.

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.