COTABATO CITY: Bomb experts from the Explosives Ordnance Division (EOD) safely detonated some six tons of 36,000 dynamite sticks seized last month from an abandoned gold mine site in Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat. Supt. Raul Supiter, Sultan Kudarat police provincial director, said Army and police bomb experts used blasting caps to ignite the explosives down the river in Barangay Titulok. Supiter said the disposal took the EOD team about six hours for three dump trucks to transport the explosives from the mining site of China Mining firm in Bai Saripinang village to Barangay Titulok. The mining site was reportedly abandoned after President Rodrigo Duterte assumed office on July 1. The blast of the thousands dynamite sticks did not destroy the environment, Supiter added.