• Suspect in mother, son slay in Paranaque admits to crime



    A day after his arrest, the man suspected of the killing his wife and son in Parañaque City has admitted to the crime.

    Danilo Rafael Sr., 55, on Wednesday said he murdered his wife, Fe and son, Danilo Jr. out of jealousy.

    Police presented Rafael to Parañaque Mayor Edwin Olivarez shortly after his arrest in Tuguegarao City.

    Olivarez said the police received a call from someone in Tuguegarao on Tuesday who recognized the suspect from his photo on television.

    Parañaque Police Chief Senior Supt. Ariel Andrade said Rafael did not resist when the team led by SPO4 Charlie Bayoca arrived at the hotel in Tuguegarao where he was staying.

    Answering questions from reporters at the Parañaque City Hall, the suspect said he never planned to kill his wife and son, but said he was blinded by jealousy.

    “I hope my family will understand and forgive me for what I have done and I asked for their forgiveness,” Rafael said in Filipino.

    He said that since 2012, he had suspected his 54-year-old wife of having an affair with another man.

    His suspicions grew stronger last Thursday, when he and his wife were in a parlor in Parañaque and he saw a text message on her mobile phone.

    The next day, the Rafaels attended a family reunion in Barangay Babacao, Maragondon, Cavite. Staying over in Maragondon that night, he confronted his wife about the text message.

    Rafael said they had an argument and his wife became hysterical, screaming and trying to attack him.

    The commotion attracted the attention of 18-year-old Rafael Jr.

    Thinking that his mother was being harmed, he barged into his parents’ room with a knife.

    Upon seeing the knife, the older Rafael said he reached for his .45 caliber pistol lying nearby and shot his son in the body, not intending to kill him.

    Rafael then shot his wife, killing her instantly.

    He then turned to his son, who was sprawled on the floor, and shot him several times, muffling the gunfire with a pillow.

    Rafael said he didn’t know how many times he shot his son.

    He stuffed the bodies into the trunk of their car and drove to his in-laws’ house in Multinational Village in Moonwalk, Paranaque.

    He said he brought the bodies back to Parañaque where he hoped someone could attend to their burial.

    Rafael said he walked aimlessly until he reached Pasay City, where he absent-mindedly boarded a bus bound for Tuguegarao.

    Andrade said a .45 caliber pistol and a mobile phone were seized from the suspect, who was identified through a village security camera.

    The bodies were discovered inside the Rafaels’ red car parked in front of their house on Timothy St. in Multinational Village, Moonwalk, last Sunday.




    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.