SYDNEY: A swimmer Saturday suffered wounds to his arms and legs after he was mauled in a suspected shark attack off Queensland state on Australia’s east coast, officials said. The latest reported attack comes during the busy summer season, and as authorities in neighbouring New South Wales implement a range of shark-prevention measures to reduce encounters after a spate of maulings in the state last year. The 30-year-old man was swimming off Rosslyn Bay some 670 kilometres (420 miles) north of Brisbane just before 12:00 pm when he was believed to have been bitten by a shark, the state’s ambulance service said. There were 14 attacks in New South Wales last year — include the fatal mauling of a Japanese surfer — compared to three in 2014, according to Sydney’s Taronga Zoo’s shark attack file. In Queensland, there were four attacks in 2015, compared to one in 2014, taking last year’s national toll to 22, it said. Experts say attacks are increasing as water sports become more popular and bait fish move closer to shore, but fatalities remain rare.