Taxpayers dared to keep tabs on P1.5-B DOLE livelihood fund

0

The Department of Labor and  Employment (DOLE) dared taxpayers  to keep tabs on a P1.574-billion fund for the department’s livelihood program, as approved by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).

DOLE Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said that they wanted “to ensure that not a single centavo of taxpayer’s money is wasted.”

Baldoz announced Friday that the DBM has approved a P1.574-billion 2014 budget for the DOLE Integrated Livelihood Program (DILP).

DOLE records show P690.022 million for the DILP will be funded under the agency’s regular budget in the General Appropriations Act—to be directly released to DOLE regional offices—and P883.98-million under the supplemental budget, which will be allocated for the survivors of Super Typhoon Yolanda.


However, the DOLE clarified that the “DBM has yet to release” the said budget.

“We have started to release our regular livelihood assistance, but last week, I have ordered for faster releases. Today, I enjoin the public, particularly DOLE stakeholders and partners, to help us monitor the progress of the livelihood projects funded from the DILP budget so that our workers will already know what to expect and how to prepare to access them,” Baldoz said.

DOLE is setting 190, 000 beneficiaries of the project from the informal sector workers and another 102, 011 beneficiaries from the Typhoon Yolanda special budget.

The department has also a share in the P326,843-million Bottoms-up-Budget (BUB), intended for the livelihood program of the less fortunate in 1,200 municipalities.

Also, the DOLE is targeting 200,000 students and out-of-school youth to benefit the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) with P500-million budget.

In 2013, there were 167,569 beneficiaries of the SPES program.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.