Teen pleads not guilty to Australia terror plan

0

SYDNEY: A 16-year-old charged with preparing a terror attack linked to Anzac Day commemorations in Australia pleaded not guilty Tuesday, reports said, as it emerged he had been in an intensive deradicalisation program. The boy, who cannot be named, did not appear in Parramatta Children’s Court in Sydney and the plea was made through his lawyer Zemarai Khatiz, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation said. The teen has been charged with one count of acting in preparation for, or planning, a terrorist act by allegedly attempting to buy a gun. The offence carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. He was picked up near his home in western Sydney on Sunday, and police said they feared he had plans to attack an Anzac Day service honoring Australian soldiers the following day.

Advertisements

AFP

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.