Two electrocuted in Batangas


BATANGAS: Two people died when they were electrocuted in separate incidents in Batangas over the weekend. Superintendent Jacinto Malinao, Lipa police chief said Joseph Latorre, 27, a waiter and a resident of Purok 1, Barangay San Isidro, Lipa City. Latorre was swimming with five friends at Baserri Resort in Barangay Sto. Ni–o when he accidentally stepped on a live wire while urinating near the perimeter fence of the resort about 8:50 p.m. on Monday. Police said the live tension wire was detached from the post during the onslaught of typhoon Glenda. Latorre was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by attending physician Dr. Annaliza Sayo.

Meanwhile in Calatagan town, 53-year old Sergio Vivas of Brgy. Poblacion 3 also died when he was electrocuted while fixing their kitchenÕs electrical wiring in Sitio Palobandera, Barangay Tanagan on July 27 at around 7 p.m.


Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.